Accord Palliative and Hospice Care, Inc. is dedicated to meeting the hospice care needs of the community.
We cover a wide array of services to fit the unique needs of each individual patient and their family.
- Pain and symptom management
- Skilled nursing care provided by a licensed nurse
- Scheduled home visits
- Medical equipment and supplies
- Professional staff 24/7
- Medications to control the patient’s symptoms
- Provides medication related to the hospice diagnosis
- Physical and occupational therapy
- Bereavement services: our team has experienced chaplains and social workers that provide professional counseling and grief support
- Hospital inpatient services as needed
- Continuous care services as needed for symptom management and intervention
- Respite services as needed for family support
- Spiritual support and guidance from our chaplain services
- Volunteer services as requested
Hospice Services provided at Accord Palliative and Hospice Care, Inc. will be covered 100% by Medicare and Medicaid. In some cases, there will be private insurance companies who cover a portion if not all the costs for services.
The Medicare Hospice Benefit provides medical coverage for the care of patients without deductibles or co-payments. The benefit has four levels of care that are designed to allow hospice to serve as the case manager for patients in any setting.
- Routine Home Care is the basic level of care needed to maintain the patient in their residence or facility.
- Continuous Care allows hospice to place nursing services at your bedside, around the clock for short periods of time, during periods of crisis.
- General Inpatient Care is a level of care that enables hospice to transfer the patient to a contracted facility (hospital or skilled nursing unit) for inpatient hospice services during periods of crisis.
- Respite Care enables hospice to give family caregivers a short (5-day) respite by transferring the patient to a contracted facility.
Who May Qualify
Will you or your loved one qualify for Hospice Care? Here are some of the guidelines for qualification and referrals made to Accord Palliative and Hospice Care, Inc.
If you or someone you know experiences any or all of the following, you can have then assessed for hospice care qualification:
- Frequent hospitalizations
- Progressive weight loss
- Deteriorating mental abilities
- Recurrent infections
- Specific declining condition
- People with an illness causing a limited life expectancy
- Patient and families that have chosen symptom management rather than curative treatment
- Patient and families who choose no extreme measures to sustain life
Please proceed to our referrals section to make a recommendation for Accord Palliative and Hospice Care, Inc.